Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Show off your RC Crawlers

Post up pics of your RC crawler... I know a few here have one. Should be interesting!
    1995 Wrangler YJ - Project Punisher - Traded/Sold
    1984 Jeep CJ7 Renegade "Surivor"
    Founder VA Offroad Sports
    Founder SCC4x4

Here's my bunch of crawlers. Been into RC since i was a kid. Everything from clay oval roundtrack,buggies,pan cars, nitro trucks,and even a 89 MPH electric dragster.

From left.
    Green buggy started as an Axial AX10 kit. Now has tig welded steel buggy frame,rear steer,scale Pit Bull rockers from Losi,75 turn Integy motor,etc.

Orange TJ is a Nylint Crawler got it as a gift a couple years ago, great for a Wal-Mart RC. Converted the drive belts to Viton O-ring seals (less slipage) Need a new front axle if anyone has some parts the kids love that thing. I know Hadfield has a couple.

Blue Yota is a Tamiya Bruiser kit from the 80's. Wanted one real bad when I was a kid but they where expensive!!! Found on comission in hobby shop 12 years ago. Bought it on a whim very realistic and unique. Doesnt flex for squat though. Has leaf spring,solid axles, and a T-case with 2hi 4hi and 4low. Controlled by a 4 channel air plane remote.

We set up a course out back every now and then kids and Kay love to play with these things and I gotta say they are actually good practice.

Later
    Sean
    JEEP Just Empty Every Pocket

3. Default

Forget the RC crawler, what kind of Jager bottle is that????

Seriously though, I had no idea that RC was so involved. The best I ever had was the one from Wal-Mart where the tires were big enough that if you flipped it, you could keep going. Of course I bent the "axle" jumping it.

I knew that was coming LOL. A friend brought that back from NY for me. It's a Stainless steel Jager bottle sleeve. Looks realy cool next our Jager machine.

Ok guys I know a few more of you have RC rigs. Lets see em.

Later
    Sean
    JEEP Just Empty Every Pocket

5. Default

http://www.scaleoffroad.com/pageID_7781865.html
    I am already saving for this.

holy freakin crap. check this out!

http://www.rc4wdstore.com/2/product_...roducts_id=580

i had no idea that this stuff was so in depth! i dont think they make rigs that flex like this is real life!

the last rc i had was when i was around 8 years old i think. i remember it wass a black pickup truck lifted and all that. probly a 50$ walmart or sears one. had a little rumble motor on the top...

hmm wonder where that ended up...
    - Bryan McDonald
    (bigmac)

Jeep wrangler TJ 98
    bfg m/t 32 11.50's
    Detroit Truetrac (rear)
    dana 30 3.73 (f)
    ford 8.8 3.73 (r)
    3.25" susp. lift
    skid plates
    bolt on engine mods

VMI class of 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy kid View Post
    Santa, are you seeing this?
    95' xjSE...mine
    87' xjPioneer...hers

8. Default

The kit they used is over 500 and thats not including the electronics or the body

Blog Entries

Nice Chris, what kind is that?
    1995 Wrangler YJ - Project Punisher - Traded/Sold
    1984 Jeep CJ7 Renegade "Surivor"
    Founder VA Offroad Sports
    Founder SCC4x4