Welcome to the new and improved Virginia Offroad Sports! Please stick around and join us in becoming one of the #1 Online Communities for Offroad Hobbies such as Jeeping, Mudding, Dirt Bikes and more!

jeepfam

New Obstacles!!!

There are now 3 new obstacles on Potts! You have to look for them, but they exsist. Unfortunately, I didn't try any of them this past weekend due to time, but I hear they are bad-ass! Time to set up a run just to try them! Any takers?

Let me know when you wanna go man. I'm there. Got some night work coming up in Sept, but that will mean my weekends are free.......other than the usual, boring ass, has to be done stuff around the house!

I think you already figured that out, but its a ride. I posted up some local "lodging" ideas, but can be more helpful if you wanna make the trip. I live about 45 mins from Potts, more like an hour with the rig on the trailer. Its definetely God's country out there!

Yeah, they are legal. If you are used to the trail, you need to pay attention to where they are so you don't blow past them like I did. I remember seeing 2 of them close to the play area. Sorry, that's all I recall.

Hey Jeepfam, we are planning for sept 12th. Couple of us are gonna head to Potts in the morning for a little fun.

Cool! How many rigs are going, and what time you lookin at? I actually have 4 days off, so a run is a great idea! I have your # in my phone if its still the same, so I can text ya if you want.

Well finally conquered all three of the new obstacles.

(Coming from the bottom) the first obstacle you come to is probably the toughest. It's a set of three ledges that you have to climb up.

The trick is to avoid the big hole on the drives side. Falling into it will result in some damage. As you crest the top you could get hung up on the large rock that points out at your undercarriage. I wouldn't recommend trying this one if you can't self recover I/e winch.

Second obstacle is pretty fun. We had a time with it the first trip. If it's wet it's tough. This time it was dry and I drove up it fairly easy. The line to take is coming in at an angle from the right side and crawling diagonally to the top. Watch the last bump at the top as it can throw you side was and get you in a nasty situation. Once your front is on the upper ledge you're gonna need some quick driving. A large rock juts out from the right and would eat a fender quickly.

The last obstacle is very deceiving. It looks fairly simple but it's actually quite technical. There's lots of little rocks and the trees are really close together. Making the trail very tight. The small rocks hang you up and the large rocks require multiple turns to line up on them.

Some of the bigger rocks are loose and if you barely snag one you could pull it outta the ground and get hung up. It's a definite technical section. Recommend walking the trail first or having a spotter until you know the lines.