Welcome to the new and improved Virginia Offroad Sports! Please stick around and join us in becoming one of the #1 Online Communities for Offroad Hobbies such as Jeeping, Mudding, Dirt Bikes and more!

drakan1908

Rear end

Got a 35 welded and a 30 welded for a 96 zj for cheap or trades if for trailered rig... can't be street driven sittin jnder this heep! IMG_0749.thumb.JPG.4739c9137980e8228c5d4b96abf5418a.JPG

• Thanks 1

This is my daily driver. I just put in a new (to me) set of spider and side gears. But I will probably have to do a complete rearend rebuild or just get one at Cunninghams  and swap it out sooner or later, bearings in mine are gone. 

10-4 yeah it's hard keeping 35s and 30s Alive! In 6 years I replaced way to many on my zj! 

2 hours ago, C.Berry said:

10-4 yeah it's hard keeping 35s and 30s Alive! In 6 years I replaced way to many on my zj! 

30's are easy to keep alive... Haha, I still run a 30 in my CJ7, and the 92 XJ I built for @jeepfam on 36x13.50 IROKs still runs a built D30 front.

You know 30s weren't  that bad really!! The u joints were my issue and I did have a outer seal go bad which drained all fluid out and on my way home it locked the front up and I kissed the window an shattered it lol other than that I kept the same 30 gears and housing for 5 years together running 34 ltb! I'm considering bringing my zj out of retirement I needs a t converter it has a 80k 4.0/42re/242 in it but I didn't replace the converter.... smdh