Welcome:

Welcome to the new and improved Virginia Offroad Sports and Outdoors! Please stick around and help us in becoming one of the #1 Online Communities for Off Road and Outdoor Hobbies such as Jeeping, Mudding, Dirt Bikes, Fishing, Camping and more!

Recently picked up a new to me toy. She’s been owned by the same family since sold new in Roanoke, VA at Antrim Motors. Was purchased by a well known preacher, he passed in 1953, then I believe his Wife drove it until her passing in 1968. Their grandson then took ownership. It had a minor cosmetic update in the 70s or 80s in a lighter shade of blue, but was barely driven, and tags finally removed in 99. She has 75,715 original miles, Flathead Inline 6, 3spd with Fluid Drive. Car runs & drives but needs brakes gone through, fuel system gone through & new tires.

D653217F-99C4-47EF-8CD6-3C3167C2176F.thumb.jpeg.90411fbce870a805c00b0ce2a21873b8.jpeg
7570868F-8396-4CAD-8DD6-7C8D53BD8458.thumb.jpeg.0eed8eee1d6b2b81c491aa33735149f2.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I ordered a carb-kit for my spare carburetor last week, It's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow! Then I can rebuild the spare carb, which is the correct model/date range for 1947. I also have a good driver's side hood release cable set to be delivered tomorrow too, since mine is broken near the firewall.

I also was able to confirm the other week that the motor is the original, as per my dealership paperwork that came with the car! However at some point, someone swapped a later model carburetor onto it, and disconnected the factory automatic choke setup.

1054630288_EngineSerialNumber.jpg.1956818fbf919b740135bc046afce6ba.jpg

• Like 1