Welcome:

Welcome to the new and improved Virginia Offroad Sports and Outdoors! Please stick around and help us in becoming one of the #1 Online Communities for Off Road and Outdoor Hobbies such as Jeeping, Mudding, Dirt Bikes, Fishing, Camping and more!

YJeXtreme

Down for awhile...

Recently broke my left ankle (yep, for the old timers, the same one I ran over 8yrs ago.) Currently laid up with a cast at least until 1/7/2020...  No glorious story with this one. Was cutting down a maple tree, took a step back to see if it was going to settle and fall. Walked back towards it w/ my saw in right hand, slipped in some leaves. Adrenaline helped me run/hobble up the hill a good 25-30 ft away from tree, which eventually fell on it's own a couple hours later. As long as it's healing by 1/7, I won't need surgery, but if x-rays don't look good, then I'll need surgery.

• Like 1

Still working on recovery... had the cast taken off almost 2wks ago. Been stuck in a walking boot. Tried to tinker in the shop some, but seems my luck is getting the best of me. Both my air impact and torque wrench decided to crap out on me... Granted my impact has lasted me about 15yrs, but the torque wrench has online lived up to minimal use over the last 10 yrs. I've ordered a new torque wrench from CDI which is a subsidiary of Snap-on. Good for 30-250 ft lbs. with a lifetime warranty. My old one was a craftsman digital clicker, and again it's seen fairly mild use over the last 10yrs. I'll be ordering a new impact soon. Old one is also a craftsman, that's been used pretty hard for 15+ yrs. It's not rebuildable, so I'll be upgrading to an Ingersoll Rand 2235TI MAX. 

• Like 1