Welcome:

Welcome to the new and improved Virginia Offroad Sports and Outdoors! Please stick around and help us in becoming one of the #1 Online Communities for Off Road and Outdoor Hobbies such as Jeeping, Mudding, Dirt Bikes, Fishing, Camping and more!

jeeptweeker

Hi from Va Beach

I'm looking forward to being able to meeting up with yall and doing some trial rides soon. I hope to have I pic of my jeep up soon. It's a 2004 TJ sport that's not stock. hope to see yall soon.

Welcome to the site! Please private message me, and I can get you some decals. I would love to see the site grow more towards the coastal area of VA. Pleae spread the word, and see if we can get more activity going across the state

Good deal! I'm sure I'll be setting up another Potts run in the next couple weeks. Pretty sure there's a bunch of us going up over Labor Day weekend. Keep an eye out man! Oh yeah.....where's the rig shot?

I'm working on getting a pic up still. I would love to make a run up there with ya'll but that's going to take a lot of planning on my end down here. I looked up the area and its about 5 hours away from me but that's do able especially because I need to get my jeep off of the black top. Right now I'm about to replace my top and a water pump and I need to go over the front-end before I take off for that far of a drive. Plus I have the ole lady and kid that I'm trying to get out of the damn house. Is there a specific date that the Jeep trial closes for the year or anything? I think it would be pretty cool to do something like that in the winter but I love the outdoors that much. I'll get a pic up as soon as I can guys.

The trail closes on Jan 1 every year and re-opens the first week of April. If you guys like camping, you can camp in "the field" right on the trail, or there are campsites nearby that are a little more accomodating (ie, there's a small bath house). I'd have to check on a motel or B-n-B in New Castle for ya. Salem is about 30-40 mins away, and there are plenty of places to stay there. Not many "repair" options for anything that may go wrong though. Pack plenty of zip-ties, duct tape, ratchet straps, etc....! We have gotten quite adept at trail repair 101! Most guys that run Potts have all the tools, fluids, knowledge, and patience to get you off the trail if need be. Its always a blast!

The trail closes on Jan 1 every year and re-opens the first week of April. If you guys like camping, you can camp in "the field" right on the trail, or there are campsites nearby that are a little more accomodating (ie, there's a small bath house). I'd have to check on a motel or B-n-B in New Castle for ya. Salem is about 30-40 mins away, and there are plenty of places to stay there. Not many "repair" options for anything that may go wrong though. Pack plenty of zip-ties, duct tape, ratchet straps, etc....! We have gotten quite adept at trail repair 101! Most guys that run Potts have all the tools, fluids, knowledge, and patience to get you off the trail if need be. Its always a blast!

I love camping but I don't know how the kid will take to it. The place sounds amazing and I'm going to start planning now for a trip up there even if its just to see what the place is like. Also I finally got some pics up and there will be more to follow. I'll make sure to take pics of everything I do and add it to the build forum.

How old is your kid? I understand with young ones. We would "camp" in the back yard with ours to get them kinda used to the idea. At least then if it went bad, the comforts of home were steps away, not miles! My youngest will be 17 and my oldest is 22, so I'm almost done!

Nice. I'm hoping to visit my brother in VA Beach in the spring. May need to hit some trails with ya!