Jump to content


    Welcome to the new and improved Virginia Offroad Sports and Outdoors! Please stick around and help us in becoming one of the #1 Online Communities for Off Road and Outdoor Hobbies such as Jeeping, Mudding, Dirt Bikes, Fishing, Camping and more!



  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


gr8dain last won the day on October 26

gr8dain had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

89 Excellent

1 Follower

About gr8dain

  • Rank
    Winch B*tch

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Not really doing much other than enjoying the Willy. I took it out on a tour of civil war battlefields in Fredericksburg, VA yesterday along with some other flatfenders.
  2. Putzing around a little today. Ran the transmission cable to the shifter, and cleaned up some wiring under the dash. I promise to do a better job when I run those items back (CB, 12v/usb, tach, aux gauges, radio, etc. i found one unidentified orange wire that was running from the original dash harness through the firewall to the motor. I guess I will find out at some point if I need it.
  3. Progress made today. Start to finish was 4 hours of lots of pulling and pushing and cursing. And I think I destroyed the new starter. Oh well. Motor is in. Then I pit the grill on temporarily to see if I had space for the fan. I do. I am going to leave the grill on for a while. It looks nice that way again.
  4. Ok. So the replacement retaining ring and stock length input shaft came in last week. So I got a few hours to play with the Jeeps today. So I got the old parts off, and the new parts on, and looky here. It mates right up to the aw4.
  5. Having an issue with the i put shaft of the t-case bottoming out when connecting it to the transmission. I am going to research about thicker clocking rings.
  6. Took some time away from work to make a shifter work in the Scrambler. Took an old B&M shifter that was on a riser, and took the riser off. Added it to the XJ shifter I got with my motor and trans. Test fit. I like the height. Better than having to lean way over. But if I want to conceal it with the black surround box thing, I will have to move my cb speaker. Maybe not a big deal since I want to go GMRS anyway. But I am leaf spring poor and trying to not spend tons of money right now.
  7. For the harness, I took the CJ harness and sent it with the bulkhead connector from my CJ to Hotwire in AR and they built a new harness for me to run all of the parts in the engine that I needed/wanted. It was pricy, but since I hate wiring, it was worth it. As for using the XJ motor, I have accessories for a YJ and TJ to put onto the motor and use the serp setup and make it all work. Oh and some WJ parts as well. I have a paper list that I used for the main breakdown of parts needed. For the ECM, I just picked one up off of Ebay. One also came with the motor, so I now have 2. [emoji2
  8. Not too exciting. But since my son finally put his new passenger seat in his car, I got to install the one he took out into the Scrambler. So out went the BesTop Trailmax seat and in went this “racing” seat. I did the driver side a while ago.
  9. Had to put a new gear on the Advance Adapters 32 spline output shaft in my dana 300 so that my speedo gear turns and sends a signal to the vss to the computer. It went smoother than I expected. Not usually the case for me. Next up is installing the freshly cleaned and painted i take and new exhaust manifold.
  10. I am going to use the stock XJ i take with injectors. I have one that is the horse shoe shape, but when cleaning it, I saw there was a crack. So getting another one on Monday. I had the sniper on the 258 and I wonder if that had something to do with killing the motor. It was a 4bbl set for a vehicle with 200-600 HP. It ran well, but damn, I hated it when the motor died. Since the 4.0 has stock fuel injection, I will just use that.
  11. Pit some odds and ends on the motor, then married the transmission to it. I need to wait for an intake manifold before I can stab it into the Scrambler. Baby steps
  12. Here is a video of the the last part of the build before I picked it up. Rick and Dave are the guys assembling everything.
  13. Installed the hard top to test fit the new slider uppers. Love the half cab look. From To I can’t wait for the new motor to go in and fire up. Then put the 35s on it.
  14. If it gets you out enjoying adventures, that is what matters.

About Us:

Founded in Nov 2011 as an online resource for off road enthusiasts in and around Virginia, we are growing to include outdoor related hobbies, small automotive and 4x4 projects, advertising and forum support for 4x4, Jeep, etc... Clubs, Advertising for off road related manufacturers, and more! We aim to be the goto resource for all things off the beaten path in our great state!

Vote For Us:

Contact Us:

Email : admin@vaoffroadsports.com

  • Create New...