12/9/18:
   Should you happen to have any troubles at all with registration, posting, photo uploads, etc... Please contact us via the Support Tab, or on our Facebook Page. Thank you for your continued support!

Welcome:
    Welcome to the new and improved Virginia Off Road Sports! Please stick around and join us in becoming one of the #1 Online Communities for Off Road Hobbies such as Jeeping, Mudding, Dirt Bikes and more!

Will be picking up a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee soon, courtesy of Mike aka @jeepfam  He picked it up around Oct 2017, from previous owner, with known transmission issues.

Here is what I know, from the original sale post by prior owner/builder:

"Stock 3:73, 35 x12.50 km2 barely any wear, 3 " pucks, 3" pro comp springs, adjustable IRO control arms all the way around, both IRO adjustable track bars- front is double shear, rough county winch plate with d rings, badlands 12,000 lb winch, serious off road 1 ton steering, new steering stabilizer not on yet. Lots of goodies. Motor is still strong, 407 injector swap, msd coil. Also I swapped the 249 for a 231 tcase.

I also have u joint driveshafts and u joint axle shaft. Switched from cv to 96 XJ axles with the big u joints."

Here's my list for current plans:

1. Repair/Replace Tranmission
  2. Remove 3" springs and budget boost spacers
    1. Replace with Rusty's 5.5" Lift Springs
  3. Remove 35s - install on my 78 F150
    1. Replace with set of 33x12.50 ATs
  4. Install replacement front bumper cover
  5. Go through mechanical items
    1. Brakes
    2. Engine
    3. Steering

8c3b7f1b7e8783d1f776801d080265bf.jpg

• Like 1

I've been looking around for another ZJ. I want 97 or 98 with a V8. A 2wd would be perfect but if not I'll convert it.

Sent from a van down by the river

I've been looking around for another ZJ. I want 97 or 98 with a V8. A 2wd would be perfect but if not I'll convert it.

Theyre out there..., my nephew just bought this 98 TSi edition, but its full time 4wdce6dad74e1f1497cd6493bb15b73330f.jpg

Was over at Mike's tonight, checking out the ZJ, it's a solid rig. Typical paint fading and front leather seat bottoms are cracked/ripped a bit. But really a solid rig.

The adjustable control arms are uppers and lowers, so prev owner before Mike spent a good bit on upgrades

• Like 1

Theyre out there..., my nephew just bought this 98 TSi edition, but its full time 4wdce6dad74e1f1497cd6493bb15b73330f.jpg&key=863e63abb9087c9696d02495f59b5df14a6a6826ec6eb7951a9a70c0af561031

I think most v8 are all wheel drive 247 or 249 tcase (I can't remember which ). I don't think they will hold up to the horsepower I want to put out and I want to get rid of all the computer controls. Thinking alum. intake 750 carb. nitrous and 1 wire Hei dist , 727 automatic trans.

I think most v8 are all wheel drive 247 or 249 tcase (I can't remember which ). I don't think they will hold up to the horsepower I want to put out and I want to get rid of all the computer controls. Thinking alum. intake 750 carb. nitrous and 1 wire Hei dist , 727 automatic trans. 

Why go back in time? Efi & electronic trans are leaps & bounds better than old school tech. But you can find rolling shells for around $400-500 with no motor or trans.

As for NOS... it’s fun, but wreaks havoc on internals with too many sprays. I prefer forced induction

Also look up Azn’s AWD hemi grand... it puts out quite a bit.

Why go back in time? Efi & electronic trans are leaps & bounds better than old school tech. But you can find rolling shells for around $400-500 with no motor or trans.

As for NOS... it’s fun, but wreaks havoc on internals with too many sprays. I prefer forced induction

Also look up Azn’s AWD hemi grand... it puts out quite a bit.
I am old...lol cheaper to carb it. As far as internals ... don't care, the first motor will be expendable. Second motor will be a 408 stroker normally aspirated no nitrious. I think I have a connection for the 408. This will just be a toy to mess around with

3 hours ago, drakan1908 said:

I am old...lol cheaper to carb it. As far as internals ... don't care, the first motor will be expendable. Second motor will be a 408 stroker normally aspirated no nitrious. I think I have a connection for the 408. This will just be a toy to mess around with

Depends on the carb... Quality High CFM can run as much as EFI retrofits that are capable of supplying fuel up to 1200 HP. My 78 will be getting the Holley Sniper Setup, and I've got plans for multi-port EFI on the small block I'll be building for my 56 Vic. The Vic, as I envision will be pushing 700-800hp at crank off 351W based motor. But it will be twin turbo, built 4R70W  electronic OD trans, Fully tunable Holley management system, and LS styled intake that holley is putting out for the 351Ws