Want to hit a trail or 2 this Sat 2/2/2013

dribnus

It's been a long time since I've been on here. I guess if I'm not able to go wheelin, I tend not too keep up with what's going on. Anyhow, it's been about a year since I've been able to get out and go somewhere and we want to take the boys this Sat. I was thinking about Stoney Run/Shoe Creek, but I've only been once and can't remember exactly where it is. Can anyone tell me how to get there once I get off the Interstate at exit 205? Or, is anyone going to any other trails this Sat where we can tag along?

Thanks guys for responses. The Bald Mountain I'm thinking of is just a dirt road. Is there a trail off of it? If so, I would like to do that. It's been so long since I've been up there, I can't remember. I think the last time I went to Bald Mountain was when I found out Lignite was closed.

Well, with a sideless soft top and 2 kids in the back to freeze, I think we will pass on taking the Yota out today. So, we are just going to take the Pathfinder for a ride into the mountains on paved roads. I was hoping it would be in the 40's all day, but oh well. Maybe next time.

Thanks guys for responses. The Bald Mountain I'm thinking of is just a dirt road. Is there a trail off of it? If so, I would like to do that. It's been so long since I've been up there, I can't remember. I think the last time I went to Bald Mountain was when I found out Lignite was closed.

Yes its a NFS gravel/dirt road. I would bet its snow covered right now. If you go up there DO NOT leave the road. Anything other than road is considered wilderness and you will get fined if caught.