12/9/18:
   Should you happen to have any troubles at all with registration, posting, photo uploads, etc... Please contact us via the Support Tab, or on our Facebook Page. Thank you for your continued support!

Welcome:
    Welcome to the new and improved Virginia Off Road Sports! Please stick around and join us in becoming one of the #1 Online Communities for Off Road Hobbies such as Jeeping, Mudding, Dirt Bikes and more!

Myz28u

Dictum ridge

I found this with a quick search. It looks easy with one obstacle that could be challenging without a spotter. A stock Trooper made it through?

http://home.comcast.net/~mariod/GWNF_DR/GWNF.htm

I wouldn't mind trying it out but thats a two hour drive. Maybe if we hit up some trails around Flagpole Knob in the same day it would be worth the drive.

I have done it. The trooper looks like it is on the bypass and of course going down is a lot easier than going up.

Jon there are several trail systems in this area. We had a group and made a camping trip of it.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

You can obviously pick your line to make it harder as well.

DSCF0701.jpg

This is coming down the bypass after I broke a cv shaft.

PICT2044.jpg

Playing in a nearby river.

DSCF0717.jpg

Hey Philip! This must be throwback Thursday! That pic has Michelle and I can't remember the guys name with the LJ Rubi, was it Brian?

The trail looks fun. I'm surprised I hadn't heard more about it and I will make the trip to try it out.

Yup, that was Brandon. We all had a blast camping and trail riding that weekend. I do miss that.

Excellent camping spots right next to the river.

DSCF0696.jpg

Edited by cootees

Jon, here is your throwback thursday photo. :clap2:

jonvswindow.gif

LOL! I love it man!

Yep, Brandon, I am terrible with names. That was a nice Rubi!

Did Michelle's husband go on that trip? I wonder if they are still together. I never hear from her anymore.

Yeah, he was there. Buddy I think was his name?! I have not heard from them either. The last I saw, Michelle was still frequenting the swva4w board but none of the others. That shows you how long I have been out of the loop.

Yeah, he was there. Buddy I think was his name?! I have not heard from them either. The last I saw, Michelle was still frequenting the swva4w board but none of the others. That shows you how long I have been out of the loop.

I do remember his name, it was Bobby. He was a odd dude so to say. Kind of felt bad for her sometimes. She got a new job and works the weekends. Her XJ needed all kinds of work and he didn't want to help her out so I think she just gave up.

He was quiet but I wouldn't say he was odd. He was always very nice to me and even helped one of my friends out once when we needed to move trailer a vehicle. As far as the jeep. I think they rolled it over and chopped the top off of it and I don't think I heard anything else about it after that.

He was quiet but I wouldn't say he was odd. He was always very nice to me and even helped one of my friends out once when we needed to move trailer a vehicle. As far as the jeep. I think they rolled it over and chopped the top off of it and I don't think I heard anything else about it after that.

Yep, they rolled it at Crozet. I was only around Bobby twice and he was shiit faced drunk both times. Maybe thats why I got that impression.

I was only around Bobby twice and he was shit faced drunk both times. Maybe thats why I got that impression.

haha. Yeah, that might have something to do with it.

On a side note, If yall decide to go camping and wheeling in gwnf this spring/summer make sure to let me know and I'll see if I can't pull the cr480 up and join you guys.

haha. Yeah, that might have something to do with it.

On a side note, If yall decide to go camping and wheeling in gwnf this spring/summer make sure to let me know and I'll see if I can't pull the cr480 up and join you guys.

We will do that, Hadfield may want to join us on his bike as well.

That does look like a great time! Is it big enough to take a Bronco through? Why don't we look at setting up something in the Springtime? Camping and wheelin is ideal!

The info I've been seeing says that part of Dictum is closed. Can anyone confirm this?

It is possible. The last time I was up there was probably 8 years ago. There used to be a trail called the devils bathtub in the area, that one I know they closed and they were talking about closing dry river cause but I never heard more about that.

That does look like a great time! Is it big enough to take a Bronco through? Why don't we look at setting up something in the Springtime? Camping and wheelin is ideal!

Full size? Yes, there might have been a few tight spots but most of the systems that I went one had plenty of room for full sizers.

Cool. Sounds like a good road trip, especially since there hasn't been much talk of one recently. Its tough to set up with everyone being busy (myself included!). I have to re-gear or replace the axles on the Bronco, but its perfect for a trip cause obviously it can haul a crapload more gear than a JK. I'm in!