White Rock/Mountain Lake

dribnus

So we decided to go exploring today. Glad we did. We found a trail off of Mountain Lake Road (The White Rock side). It's to the right at a parking area. I'm sure others have been there, but we accidently found it. It goes up the mountain has different splits, and eventually, you end backup on Big Stoney Creek. However; if you depend on GPS, she'll take you backup the mountain on the trail. I think she likes 4 wheelin'. Anyhow, it was a great ride, but it did require a stop at the car wash when finished. Lot's of mud holes to go through. Overall, an exciting ride. It's not Potts, but I can't do that yet anyhow.

About how far from Roanoke?

There's a couple of ways to get to it. We went up 311 to the Swinging Bridge Rest (about 10 miles from Potts), turn left at the gas station and went about 15-20 minutes then left on White Rock. You'll come to a sign for Mountain Lake to the left, take the left. The start of the trail was at a parking area about 10-15 minutes up on the right. It's on Google maps if you zoom in near White Rock Campground. You can also get to you from 460 near The Cascades, or from the top of Mountain Lake from 460 as well.

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.4054617,-80.5730344,15z

Edited by dribnus