12/9/18:
   Should you happen to have any troubles at all with registration, posting, photo uploads, etc... Please contact us via the Support Tab, or on our Facebook Page. Thank you for your continued support!

Welcome:
    Welcome to the new and improved Virginia Off Road Sports! Please stick around and join us in becoming one of the #1 Online Communities for Off Road Hobbies such as Jeeping, Mudding, Dirt Bikes and more!

hellbender86

exploded 10 bolt. 35 inch tires, open diff

was running the hogback ridge trail in bland county and this happened to me. was in two wheel drive, little bit of wheelspin in the hole and when i came out the backside and hit solid ground, THUMP...crunch crunch bang...out pop the axles.

20141109_135844_zpswtdlyrcj.jpg

the carrier split in half so the center pin dropped out, which in turn let the c clips fall out, and then out popped the axle shafts. the first idea of a fix was to cut a wedge of wood and drive it in there but that didn't work so I used mechanics wire to wire the c clips back to the axle shafts and then drove a piece of the broken carrier in between the side gears to keep everything pushed out. here is what that mess looked like...it allowed me to limp off the mountain using the front axle and get a trailer to get home.

20150120_111527_zps7jhixmn0.jpg

20150120_111500_zpsxyth3rcb.jpg

20150120_111455_zpsozzrgkwf.jpg

this prompted this action which i have been working on this week...

20141110_182730_zpsaxuyf7mm.jpg

20141110_183915_zpsyhrjly1u.jpg

20150120_111339_zpsh1axnwno.jpg

20150120_111404_zpsy06alnuj.jpg

ordering u bolts and spring plates to get it put in probably next week sometime. then comes the drivetrain teardown and the np205/sm465 combo

Wow! Those old welds looked like cottage freakin cheese! Yours look much better! Sad part is is that someone was proud of the original work. Unreal.

Wow! Those old welds looked like cottage freakin cheese! Yours look much better! Sad part is is that someone was proud of the original work. Unreal.

I do agree with you. Very poor craftsmanship and very unsafe.