12/9/18:
   Should you happen to have any troubles at all with registration, posting, photo uploads, etc... Please contact us via the Support Tab, or on our Facebook Page. Thank you for your continued support!

Welcome:
    Welcome to the new and improved Virginia Off Road Sports! Please stick around and join us in becoming one of the #1 Online Communities for Off Road Hobbies such as Jeeping, Mudding, Dirt Bikes and more!

Sign in to follow this  
drakan1908

Regear

Looking to regear my Grand. Does anybody know who can do it? I have asked a couple of people and they say Certified Truck on 8th street here in Salem.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Can’t think of shop name but tech was Chuck at a shop in salem. Maybe the one you mentioned? Be prepared to pay though... gear setup is time intensive.

Chuck had a brain tumor and I was told he didnt recover. There is a used car lot there now. Price is is what it is ......it must be done to move on. Lol

Chuck had a brain tumor and I was told he didnt recover. There is a used car lot there now. Price is is what it is ......it must be done to move on. Lol

Found out Chuck didn't pass away. But after the second brain surgery he has large memory loss.

Looks like it's going to to run about 1600 to regear. Mike at Advantage in Salem is gonna do it. My parts are 615 shipped he figured 1000 for labor on the install and said that was figured high and it should be less. I guess I will find out in a few weeks.

Looks like it's going to to run about 1600 to regear. Mike at Advantage in Salem is gonna do it. My parts are 615 shipped he figured 1000 for labor on the install and said that was figured high and it should be less. I guess I will find out in a few weeks.

Did you already order parts? I bet I can beat that price on parts

Had a change of plan. Gonna pickup a d35 and d30 with 373 gears and call it good. Should save 1100 after all said and done. I'll put ball joints and new tie rod ends on the d30 probably put u joints in the axle shafts. I'll put in rough country front upper adjustable control arms to match the rest of my control arms while I have the front end out.

• Like 1

Had a change of plan. Gonna pickup a d35 and d30 with 373 gears and call it good. Should save 1100 after all said and done. I'll put ball joints and new tie rod ends on the d30 probably put u joints in the axle shafts. I'll put in rough country front upper adjustable control arms to match the rest of my control arms while I have the front end out.

What is your old ratio? 3.50? Current tire size?